Tuesday, November 4, 2014

WHAT ARE YOU HOLDING IN YOUR HAND?


If you have ever played cards, you know that you don't always get the hand you want.  I remember playing cards and being dealt the worse hand known to man.  I looked at my partner and I said, "I'm not playing this!  I could call everyone in this room with this hand!" Just as I was about to throw in my hand, my partner said, "Hey! Don't forget you have a partner." 

As I was driving my eldest son to school, I began elaborating on how my current situation could end.  In doing so, I began thinking to myself, "These attacks just won't stop, God. I feel like I'm losing this battle." So what do you do when the hand that you are holding, looks like garbage? Or when you are being pressed on every side? Or when you try your best to do what is pleasing to God but the attacks get stronger? Or what about when those tears you held back for so long, began streaming down your face? 

What if, while we are asking God all these questions, He has a question for us? Exodus 4:2 says, "Then the Lord asked him, What's that in your hand?" God already knew what was in his hand; Moses just didn't realize what he had. We must realize and really understand that we are in a real war, with a read adversary, with a real motive to take us out.  However, we must also realize that we have a partner! A partner who knows what He is doing; who never sleeps nor slumbers.  Don't throw in your hand because of how it looks. Put on your poker face and learn how to play the cards that you were dealt.  It's not about the cards you're holding, but who you are partners with and what you will do with the cards you are holding. 

No comments:

Post a Comment