Monday, December 7, 2015

So, What Exactly Are You Saying?

Image result for can you hear the words that are coming out of my mouth

Examining ourselves can sometimes be challenging, especially, in the beginning of your walk with God. Although no one wants to walk in the wrong spirit, it does happen. A prayer that I have grown to pray on a regular basis is, "Lord show me myself, and help me to walk in the right spirit." The challenge with this is that if your loins aren't girded up, your feelings may get a little hurt! The apostle Paul put it this way in Romans 7:15 (NIV), "I do not understand what I do. For what I want to do I do not, but what I hate I do." I found out in a hurry, by praying that prayer, that God had plenty of work to do in me! The bible tells us that, He that has BEGUN a work in you shall complete it even until the day of Jesus Christ. In other words, you are a work in progress until Jesus Christ returns and all things are perfected. One thing that God really brought to my attention about myself were the words that I would speak, which resulted from what I was thinking. So a man thinketh, so is he! Once a thought enters your mind it will eventually make its way out of your mouth, bringing forth its fruit. In the book of Genesis, God SAID let there be light and there was light. God SAID! God SAID! God said! Proverbs 18:21 (NIV) says, "The tongue has the power of life and death, and those who love it will eat its fruit." Let me go a little further, James tells us in chapter 3:7-8, "All kinds of animals, birds, reptiles and sea creatures are being tamed and have been tamed by mankind, but no human being can tame the tongue. It is a restless evil, full of deadly poison." So, not only is it (your tongue) powerful, but is full of deadly poison.

One word can change the whole meaning of a statement. For example, It bothers me when I am late going somewhere. I understand that there are some times that you will be late, because things can happen. But because I try to examine myself regularly, I can tell when it is getting out of control, so I try to nip it in the bud fast. Well, in the course of self-examination, I spoke, "I have to do better." Well-my spirit didn't set right with the statement, and I pondered it for a moment. After pondering the statement for a while, I spoke, " I WILL DO BETTER!" One word changed the whole meaning of this statement. I have to do better was in my heart, and there's nothing wrong with that, but at some point we must tame our mouths to speak those things that are not as though they were. 


The following is an excerpt from Beth McLendon, Inspirational-Prayers website (Inspirational-Prayers.com). This website has a large number of prayers and inspiration, if  you are interested in reading some of them.  

We begin with Isaiah 14:12-15 in the New King James Version. This passage is about Lucifer's rebellion against God. Lucifer is the one we now call Satan. As you read the passage, see if you can pick out the two Power Words that Satan used to establish his rebellion against God. “How you are fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning! How you are cut down to the ground, You who weakened the nations! For you have said in your heart: I will ascend into heaven, I will exalt my throne above the stars of God; I will also sit on the mount of the congregation on the farthest side of the north; I will ascend above the heights of the clouds, I will be like the Most High. Yet you shall be brought down to Sheol, to the lowest depths of the Pit.” Did you catch the two power words that Lucifer used to seal his determination against God? They are the words “I will.”
Pay attention to the words that are coming out of your mouth. It may just be your words that's poisoning your life-marriage, finances, spiritual growth, and/or your relationships. Instead of asking what's in your wallet, ask yourself what's in your mouth!

No comments:

Post a Comment