Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Beautiful in His eyes

Linda and Renee had been friends for over 15 years.  They helped each other through some difficult times.  Both girls had gone through so much and had low self-esteem.  Linda was very petite with a beautiful complexion.  She was greatly admired by many because of her outer beauty. However, Renee was not as admired as Linda.  Renee, was more on the heavy side, her hair was coarse and she had a very dark complexion.  Although, both girls had gone through a lot and their self-esteem was hanging on by a limb, Renee began seeking help.  She tried to get Linda to go too, but she refused. Linda, although outwardly beautiful, was torn up in the inside. The girls eventually separated and it was many years before they saw each other again.

Seven years had since passed, and Linda was still going through the same old thing. Renee on the other hand, was married and was living a rather decent life. God had blessed abundantly and she wanted for nothing. One day the girls bumped into each other.  Looking in amazement Linda says, “Renee?”  Renee looking around unable to recognize her once best friend, replied, “Linda?”  Linda answers, “Yes.  It’s me, Linda.”  The girls leapt with joy to have found each other after all of these years.  Renee invites Linda for a cup of coffee so they can catch up.
“Renee, you have really changed…..you are so…”
Interrupting her sentence, Renee replies, “Much smaller”?
“W-ell….yes.” Linda replied.  “How did you do it?  I mean you look so good!”
“Well I started going to church and learning God’s word.  I found out that God loves me and I wanted to see myself how He sees me.”
“And that made you lose over 100 pounds and keep it off?” Linda asks
“Well it goes a little further than that.  I had to begin to confess His word over my life, Linda.” Renee says.
“And…that word was…?” asks Linda.
“First of all, He says that I am beautifully and wonderfully made.  I begin to put this scripture on index cards and place them all over my house.  Each morning I woke, I confessed that I was beautifully and wonderfully made. I hated to look in the mirror at myself, but I had to.  I wanted to be delivered from this mindset.  It didn't matter what anyone else said, I believed what God said.  The more I confessed, the more I believed.  I began to love myself at 260 pounds, so that I could love myself where I am now, 130 pounds.  I didn't lose the weight for looks but for health reasons.  This is His temple and I must take care of it.  I couldn't care less what anyone thinks of the way I look.”
“Wow!  Thank God you don’t look like what you've been through, huh?” Linda replies.
“Linda, you do know that you too can be set free, right?” Renee compassionately asks.
Hesitating and then sighs, Linda replies, “I've done things, Renee…that..”
Interrupting her gently, “It doesn't matter what you've done!  I've done things too.  Listen to me, there is nothing that you could ever do that would make God love you any less.  He loves you in spite of you!  He knows what you were going to do before you did it.  He loves you still.”
With tears in her eyes, Linda replies, “Really?  Can He love someone like me?  After all the wrong I've done?”
Tears rolling from her eyes, Renee shakes her head, smiles and replies, “Yes!  Yes He can, and He does!  You are the reason He hung, died and bled at Calvary.  He specifically had you on His mind!”
Embracing each other in joy, Linda asks, “Would it be okay if I went to church with you?”
Rejoicing, Renee replied, “We would love to have you.  By all means, please come!”
“I feel as though a load has been lifted off of me, Renee. Linda says.
Walking down the street together, Renee replies, “I know.  Our father is a burden bearer!”

The bible talks about Leah and Rachael, how one was loved but the other was hated.  No matter what Leah did, she still was not loved. The bible says that when God saw that she was unloved, He opened up her womb (Genesis 29:31). Could it be that you are hated and God is opening up your womb? That word womb means a place where something is conceived.  That means that eventually you have to give birth! Ladies, It doesn't matter if you are 260 pounds or 160 pounds, God loves you.  Don’t let anyone tell you anything different.  If you are not happy with yourself at 260 pounds you won’t be happy with yourself at 160 pounds.  Read, understand, meditate and confess what God word says about you. Conceive and birth this word: God loves you and you are B.E.A.U.T.I.F.U.L in His eyes!

No comments:

Post a Comment