Friday, December 4, 2015

How can I Travel In His Will?

Image result for following god's willBefore becoming a born-again believer, I use to always say that I had to stop doing this and stop doing that.  I found myself trying to abruptly stop fornicating, using bad language, listening to secular music, etc.  For me, none of this worked and I found myself back in the same place I'd started.  After a few times of this, I was almost tempted to just give up, but then decided I would try one last thing. It wasn't that I didn't want to walk in God's will or stop doing the things I was doing, I just didn't know how. I knew in my heart that I'd missed it somehow. There was something I was missing, but I didn't understand what it was. I didn't know anything else to do, but cry out to Him. I knew If I didn't change my ways, I would end up in hell.  I don't know about you, but I sweat a lot here on earth! Hell was the last place I wanted to make my final destination! After trying everything I knew how, I began crying out to God to save me from my sins. Night after night, I would lie in the bed and cry myself to sleep, thinking of where I would go if He was to call me home. It wasn't a Cindy Trim or Juanita Bynum type of prayer, but it was from my heart.  That's what God wants is our heart.  God looks at our hearts and motives, so it's best to keep it real with God!  My prayer went a little something like this:

"God you promised me. You promised me! If I don't stop these things that I am doing, I am going to hell. God I don't want to be separated from you for eternity.  God are you listening to me?  Have you forgotten about me?  I know that I haven't done all the right things, but I need You.  I don't know what else to do.  Everything that I have tried to do has failed and I can't go on living like this anymore.  My soul is longing for You and no matter what man I have in my life, he still doesn't fulfill this hunger in me. God forgive me! Help me!  I can't do this by myself.  God do you hear me?" 
 I was right where God wanted me. I was at that place where the bubbles burst-brokenness-I can't do anything without You, Lord!  The bible says that we can do all things through Christ which strengthens us.  It is not by any strength of our own that we are able to do anything. It's through Him that we move, breathe and have our being! We travel towards the will of God when we begin to solely rely on Him for our every need. His word tells us that we should not put anything before Him, but in all our ways acknowledge Him, and He promises to direct our paths. When we began to allow our steps to be ordered by the Lord, we travel towards His will and our will becomes more and more faint.

No comments:

Post a Comment