Friday, May 23, 2014

Do I have Faith?


Have you ever been instructed by God to do something that seemed so crazy that you knew when you did it people would laugh at you? I remember when God instructed me to pack all of my belongings, although I didn’t have anywhere to go. I packed every piece of clothing that my kids and I owned and put them in large garbage bags.  My mother laughed at me and called me crazy.  She not only laughed at me but she called my aunt over and they both laughed at me.  They had one question to ask me: “Where are you going?”  I simply replied, “I don’t know yet.” All I knew was that God told me to pack my belongings, and that is exactly what I did.  God also sent confirmation through someone that knew nothing about what I was doing. In a few months, I was blessed with my own place and was already packed! All I had was a word from God, and that’s really all that we need!  Mark 4:16 reads, “And these are they by the way side, where the word is sown; but when they have heard, Satan cometh immediately, and taketh away the word that was sown in their hearts.” This is exactly what happened, as soon as I received the word from God, the devil came IMMEDIATELY to try to make me doubt what God said. You won’t always understand why God is telling you to do something. The word that God gives you must be important if the devil gets on the case immediately. Why?  Because the Bible says, “For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.”  It didn’t say our word but the Word of God. Have you ever watched an action movie where there is fighting going on, and someone drops their weapon and both fighters try to prevent the other one from getting to it?  The reason is that, they know that weapon can be used against them. If used correctly, that weapon can cause death. It’s the same with our adversary, he is trying to prevent us from getting to our weapon! He knows that it will dismantle his plans for us.  2 Corinthians 2:11 reads: “Lest Satan Should get an advantage of us, for we are not ignorant of his devices.”  The best thing you can do in any battle is to know your opponent.  When you understand the strategies of your adversary, you’ll understand that he will use those closest to you.  Charlotte Bronte, quotes:  “I can be on guard against my enemies, but God deliver me from my friends!”  It’s dangerous when you don’t understand that the devil don’t care WHO he uses to take you out. In John 6:70, Jesus says: “Have I not chosen you twelve and yet one of you is a devil?" That's bold! An enemy who will have a seat and break bread with you, knowing they are plotting to take you out.  Jesus was aware that Judas would betray Him, because He knew the devil's devices and He knew His purpose.  In Mark 6:4-5, Jesus was unable to perform any miracles, not because He couldn't, but because of the people's disbelief. That’s right, a lot of times when the devil wants to kill you, steal from you, or to destroy you, he’ll use the one closer to you than most…. YOU!  

No comments:

Post a Comment