Friday, May 23, 2014

Lord, I'm struggling!

Have you ever felt as if you were in a web and just couldn't seem to break loose?  The harder you tried to free yourself from the web, the more you entangled yourself.  This may be because you were trying to do it on your own.  There is nothing that we can do without God. You may think that you accomplished this and you accomplished that.  You may even think that you are so strong that you can take on anything. God has a way of gently tugging on us to let us know that He is the source of our strength.  The bible says that we can do all things through Christ, who strengthens us.  It doesn’t say we can do all things by ourselves.  Sometimes God will allow things to happen in our lives to remind us that we need Him.  The children of Israel continued to complain and complain about not having a king.  They didn't want to hear that they already had a King; God.  What did God do?  He sent them a king.

“So all the elders of Israel gathered together and came to Samuel at Ramah. They said to him, “You are old, and your sons do not follow your ways; now appoint a king to lead us, such as all the other nations have.”

God wanted Israel to see that He was all they needed.  God performed many miracles for Israel. He fought battles for them, fed them manna and they still could not see that He was everything they needed. Israel found themselves in a web that only He could get them out of.  Do you feel that you are entangled in a situation that seems impossible to get free from? It doesn't matter what you are going through, there is nothing that God cannot bring you out. If He brought the children of Israel out of their Egypt, He will surely do the same for you today. 
______________________________________
Struggling 

Lord I been struggling for so long,

Entangled and bound in a web of wrong,
Although I’m entangled in a world of sin,
Lord I can’t stay down I was born to win,
Every time I get up satan knock me down,
Lord please help me because I want my crown,
I’m tired of the devil telling these lies,
Lord I know you’ll hear the righteous cries,
In spite of my sins, Lord you remain true,
That’s why it’s so hard for me to leave you,
Lord I feel so bad for what I have done,
For this purpose Lord, you sent your son,
To walk this earth and to do your will,
Oh Lord teach your children how to be still,
All I ever wanted was to make you proud,
Lord I should have known three was a crowd,
Lord I been struggling, struggling I've been,
Lord please don’t let me die in this life of sin,
The devil don’t love me, Lord he don’t care,
Lord I know I left you but I don’t know where,
Lord I stand before you with a broken heart,

And In exchange, I get a new start!
___________________________________________

No comments:

Post a Comment